Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Priscilla & Kindred Braswell

I have been trying to find out more information on a Priscilla Braswell born 1817. She had 9 childred one of which is my GGgrandfather Kindred, who is buried at Salem Seminole Cementery in Decatur GA.

The problem I am having is that the family records show that this Priscilla Braswell was born in 1797 and her children are the children of Jacob Johnston, which I believe is incorrect due to the fact that if it was true, her youngest child Mary Prisilla would have been born when Pricilla was 62.

You can find the census here showing her and the 9 children on the Randolph county 1860 census.

Kindred moved to Decatur between 1860-1900 and married Mary Katherine Faircloth. If you could would you please help me find out if Kindred was illegimate or which Braswell was his father?

Thanks Michele Kohler

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have information on this family. Priscilla Braswell was my great, great, great grandmother. Her sister was Elizabeth Braswell, who was the legal wife of Jacob Johnson of Seminole County, GA. Priscilla or "Priss" was the common law wife of Jacob Johnson. Jacob Johnson had 10 children by each of his two wives, and I heard of one rumour that he had a third wife, but this is unconfirmed. I have the family tree.

Unknown said...

I think that I might have this family tree. Can you give me the dates for the Priscilla that you have,because the kindred that I have is born in 1860 there abouts and the Priscilla I have was born in 1821 about. I have heard about the Johnson and Braswell link, but the dates on that Priscilla/ Elizabeth don't match mine, because that Priscilla was born in the last 1700 and would have been around 70 to have given birth to Kindred. thanks