Wednesday, October 24, 2007

David Braswell b. 1816 Georgia

I am searching for the antecedents of my great grandfather, DAVID BRASELL, b. 1816, Georgia, d. 1864, a resident of Panola Co. Mississippi.

My search has led to his wife's family the NICKLE of Laurens Co. South Carolina. Her name was Keturah and she was the daughter of Robert NICKLE and Jane SIMPSON. Her first child was born in Mississippi November 18,1840.

Robert was on the 1840 Lafayette Co. Mississippi census as being a neighbor of David BRASEL, who was not my great-grandfather, he being 50‑60 years of age.

My great grandfather appeared on the 1850 Panola Co. Mississippi census at a location only three miles by road west of Robert's 1840 location.

Another one of Robert's daughters married James F. SIMPSON who was on the Shelby Co. Alabama census of 1830.

There were other NICKLEs in Shelby County at the time, namely Thomas and Martha.

I assume that Thomas was Robert's brother, Martha a sister‑in‑law, mother, or sister. James was the administrator of my great-grandfather’s estate. There were BRASWELLs living in the surrounding counties to Shelby Alabama in 1830 and the name is still viable in this location today.

Members of these three families, BRASELL, NICKLE, and SIMPSON still live in Panola Co. Mississippi, having moved to this vicinity between 1830‑45.

My problem persists in trying to find David’s birthplace in Georgia along with his parents names and origin. I would be very grateful for any clue sent my way.

Thank you. Newt. Hanson of Diamondhead, MS

No comments: